Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Homeschool!?! Non-traditional schooling!?!

Yes, it is true. We are proud to announce that Elyzza is going to be part of Utah's Virtual Academy and K12 starting this school year. As many of you know Travis and I are very hands on and we don't want to miss anything when it comes to our children. We are both so excited to be an active part in her day to day education.

She has already started her summer program and I am thrilled with what I have seen so far. The month of July she has 4 field trips to attend. :) I do not remember going to all the fun places that they take them when I was in school. I have started my orientation to prepare for my duties as her "learning coach". Soon I will meet with her teacher and to do her beginning of the year testing.


The stock up begins!

Bug in action!

She is not excited at all ;-)

Things that Elyzza has said to me since she started her summer program:

"Did you know that if you took all the bones out of your body you wouldn't be able to stand?"

"Mom, I bet you didn't know that air is lighter than water. That's why ballons filled with air float and ballons filled with water sink."

"Tigers live in Asia."

"Cody and Marni really like on the same continent as we do?"

LOVE HER!

No comments:

Post a Comment